DESTROYER OF ALL
SERGIO & ANIMAIS
XXXAPADA DARK MORBID SESSIONS
FITACOLA + Guest’s
Tributo a FOO FIGHTERS
Tributo a PANTERA
Tributo a INCUBUS
26 Nov 2015
Abertura de Portas: 21h00
- Data de início
Nasceu – 1 de Janeiro de 1988
- Data de lançamento
- Membros da banda
- Breve descrição
RAMP XXV – 1988 | 2013
In 1989, a group of friends from Seixal, inspired by a shared musical taste, decided to form a band. Their name was born from the joining of their own initials: R.A.M.P. (Ricardo, António, Miguel, Paulo).
- This new adventure would gain shape when Ricardo invited Rui, an old school friend, to take on the role of vocalist. From that moment on, hours and hours were spent in a friend´s garage rehearsing and composing. Their effort would soon pay off, when they went on stage of Rock Rendez-Vous, a mythical venue in Lisboa, putting on a Show that captured the media and critics´ attention due to RAMP´s mind blowing music and passionate performance. By that time, Sapo, their previous bass player, had already joined the band, which had adopted a more exigent posture than ever.
- Motivated by the excellent reviews of their live shows and a constantly growing public demand, RAMP focused their efforts for what would be their first recording – a demo tape that would be used to pursue a record deal.
- In 1992 RAMP first record ‘Thoughts’ (a Mini LP with six songs) hit the market through the Multi-National Polygram and three video-clips arose from the album: ‘Try Again’, ‘Last Child’ and ‘Thoughts’.
- Unanimously acclaimed by the Press as the truly break-through act of the past few years in Portugal, this record definitely marked the beginning of a new era in the Portuguese modern music world. Soon after the release, they recorded three more new songs to allow the release of ‘Thoughts’ in CD format.
- However, for RAMP the live shows were always their favorite place, where they could truly express themselves and connect with the audience. Their reputation as excellent musicians and intense performers lead them to be invited to play as the opening act of ‘Sepultura’ in the ‘Pavilhão Dramático de Cascais’. The outcomes of that particular show exceed all expectations and forever changed the view of having Portuguese bands as opening acts of International artists.
- In 1995 the Independent Label ‘UL IV’ released RAMP´s second album ‘Intersection’, revealing their maturity through a powerful and balanced production. As a result, the record stormed the Portuguese Sales Charts – something that never happened before to a Portuguese Metal Band – and got extensive video play with ‘All men taste hell’, their first single and video. But RAMP also harvested, throughout the world, excellent reviews and media coverage such as in ‘Burn’ and ‘Madball’ in Japan, ‘Metal Head’ and ‘Rock Brigade’ in Brazil or ‘Mindview’ and ‘Hard Force’ in Belgium, just to name a few.
- ‘EDR’ was recorded in Nottingham, England, in the Square Studios and was produced by Simon Efemey. It was released in late 1998, showing a much solid RAMP with an astonishing ability to create great songs. ‘Hallelujah’ and ‘Old times’ were the chosen video-clips and ‘For a While’ became a radio hit, featuring in the Top Ten of Radio Comercial, one of the biggest Portuguese National Broadcasting Radios.
- ‘Revolution on Tour’ was also a success, reaching its highest point with the recording of a live album, the first of its kind for a Portuguese Metal Band.
- The release of the double album ‘Ramp…Live’ in late 1999, captured the band’s essence, portraying them as a collective that feels at home playing live, face to face with the audience.
- The album gathers 18 tracks of their three original albums and it was recorded on their 10th Year Celebration Show, from which they took footage that would be later used for the new ‘How’ video-clip.
- Songs like ‘Dawn’, ‘Hallelujah’, ‘How’ (EDR); ‘Black Tie’, ‘All Men Taste Hell’, ‘Through’ (Intersection); ‘Behind the Wall’, ‘Out of this World”’ (Thoughts), are moments of creative madness that reach a whole new dimension live. It also includes a brutal cover version of the Bangles´ very own ‘Walk Like an Egyptian’. ‘Ramp…Live’ is a historical document that travels throughout the career of the best and most successful Metal Band of Portugal.
- RAMP´s fifth CD ‘Nude’ is a part of a lifetime filled with experiences, a challenge in which one finds a band stripped of prejudice and frontiers, unveiling their inner selves, and taking full responsibility for all production aspects.
- With Licensement by Paranoid Record and distribution by Universal, tracks like ‘Alone’ (the first single and video-clip), ‘Clear’ or ‘Around’ manifest a more refined sonority, leaning on bold and subtle arrangements. And also a due note to the outstanding graphic design that wraps the package.
- In 2005 RAMP release this EP where we can find a cover version of Duran Duran´s ‘Planet Earth’ alongside another cover version, this time ‘Anjinho da Guarda’ (‘Little guardian angel’), from acclaimed Portuguese artist António Variações, that was made specifically for a Cartoon Series on SIC Radical – where its video-clip gets considerable airplay. There is also a new song ‘You make me’. Yet again, the band takes charge of production and include in the CD a multimedia section packed with different surprises. The EP was set for sale exclusively on the Tour and via website, reaching nearly break of stock.
- “XXV 1988-2013”
- Conhecidos como o best kept secret da cena Metálica Portuguesa, os RAMP estabeleceram novos padrões para todo o movimento da musica pesada neste pequeno, mas, excitante e talentoso País.
- O primeiro riff nasceu em 1988 e é desde esse longínquo ano que os vários caminhos musicais e artísticos percorridos pelos RAMP revelaram uma banda multifacetada – a marca maior que os leva a querer sempre ir mais longe.
- Buscando constantemente mais e maior qualidade como principal condição de vida, conseguiram atingir uma reconhecida reputação em estúdio e sobretudo ao vivo, onde assinam apresentações demolidoras.
- Os RAMP foram a primeira banda de metal a atingir o top de vendas em Portugal com o segundo Álbum – milhares de cópias foram vendidas numa época em que poucos acreditavam que uma banda de heavy metal o pudesse fazer.
- Com seis discos editados, os RAMP mostram ser uma força da natureza que os mantém como uma das bandas de referência da música extrema feita em Portugal.
- Na celebração dos 25 anos de carreira, e utilizando as palavras do vocalista Rui Duarte, impõe-se uma “… recapitulação da experiência e dos momentos…” dos RAMP.
- XXV 1988-2013 é isso e muito mais: um CD duplo que nos leva numa viagem pela carreira dos RAMP.
- No CD1 entre os 18 temas selecionados pela Banda encontramos os hinos que construíram a reputação dos RAMP: “Hallelujah”, “For a While”, “Alone”, “Black Tie”, “All Men Taste Hell”, e o seminal “Thoughts”.
- O CD2 oferece 15 temas maioritariamente inéditos: 6 versões acústicas de algumas das mais emblemáticas canções dos RAMP (“Alone”, “So You Say”, “For a While”) e 9 versões eléctricas de canções que marcaram a carreira da Banda, com destaque para as nunca antes gravadas “I Ran” (A Flock Of Seagulls), “It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)” (REM), “Deliverance” (The Mission), “Fuck You” (Wild Dogs), “We’re Not Gonna Take It” (Twisted Sister) e “Walk Like An Egyptian” (Bangles) um dos hinos dos RAMP que sempre marcou os Espectáculos ao vivo.
- XXV 1988-2013 celebra a vida de uma das mais emblemáticas Bandas portuguesas em 33 capítulos.
- RAMP´s Promotional Highlights
- – Best Metal band, Best Live Band, Best Vocalist, Best Bassist, Best Drummer – Rockpower
- – Their debut was as the Opening Act of Sepultura in Portugal (Cascais)
- – Fist Portuguese Metal Band to enter the Sales Charts.
- – The only Metal Band to perform in Praça Sony during the Expo 98. They later returned for two more shows.
- – Best Metal band (Raio X).
- – Best Metal band and Best National Band (Inside).
- – Municipal Medal of Cultural Merit – (C.M.Seixal).
- – In an unprecedented initiative, alongside Radio Comercial and Telepac (Leading Communications Company), RAMP transmitted live over the internet an acoustic performance that reached an all time record of audience.
- – Shared stage with legends Metallica.
- – Best Band, Best Live Band, Best Vocalist, 3rd Best Bassist, 2nd Best Drummer – (Loud)
- – 2nd Best Band (Loud)
- – The only Portuguese band to enter the itinerant Ozzfest.
- – 2nd Best Band, 2nd Best Album, 3rd Best Vocalist (Loud)
- – With ‘Alone’ they ensured the first place in the Play list Charts of Best Rock FM longer than any other band.
- – They were invited, and delivered, to make a Cover Version of António Variações´ ‘Anjinho da Guarda’ as the Theme song of a new Animated Series in SIC Radical.
- – They were, again with ‘Alone’ the first Portuguese band ever to be included in the Play list of RFM, the biggest National radio.
- – Recently finished the ‘Planet Earth Tour’, which was directed to smaller venues in order to create a more intimate and intensive empathy with the audience.
- – Booked for Summer Festivals in Portugal, playing alongside with International Acts such as: Marilyn Manson, AudioSlave, Iggy Pop, Slayer, etc.
- – Opening act for Alice Cooper.
- Hundreds of shows were given, sharing the stage with such impressive names as:
- Metallica, Iron Maiden, Tool, Sepultura, Alice Cooper, Fear Factory, Motorhead, Paradise Lost, Slayer, Manowar, Angra, Ill Niño, Kittie, Drowning Pool, Exploited, Fudge Tunel, Benediction, Dismember, Ratos de Porão, Rollin´s Band, Monster Magnet, Sadist, etc.
- Attending important festivals such:
- Ozzfest, Ilha do Ermal, Super Bock Super Rock, Vilar de Mouros, Festival do Tejo, T99, Festa do Avante, Expo 98, Seixal Rock, Noites Ritual, Mindview (Belgium), Printemps de Bourges (France), Rock Pop Bratislava (Check Republic).
- RAMP Official Biography.
Paulo Ventura | Metronomo | email@example.com | +351917883761